Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Friends and Coffee

You can tell a lot about someone on how they treat your children. My favorite coffee shop, Homer's, in downtown Overland Park, has great employees. The best of the best is David. David is friends with everyone including my two girls. Every time we go there or even drive by, the girls ask about David (OK, Grace will ask about chocolate cake first but then about David). Today, David sent me a copy of the above picture. My Daughter, Kate, drew this sitting with David over a year ago. Now I am not sure how many people you know would hang onto a picture that your kid drew over a year ago. I bet, unless your kids are drawing pictures with David at Homer's, your coffee shop doesn't have employee and friends like that! So, Just in case you don't hear it enough or even at all, David--Thanks for your friendship! Don't think I could find a better friend in any other coffee shop in the world! BTW David... Grace would like to know when she can get a punch card for cake purchase and get her free piece of cake after ten purchases. 

1 comment: