Sunday, November 14, 2010

New Gear Kit

Well my youngest daughter asked me when we can go camping, so it is time to start putting together a new kit. The goal of this kit is two fold. I would like to have a kit that comes in under 10 lbs. for a base pack weight and can be utilized for both solo backpacking trips and trips with the girls. The other goal is to have a kit that doesn't require me to change a lot of gear regardless of a solo hike or hiking with the girls. So stay tunned as I put together this new kit. I have been thinking a lot about this so I have most of it picked out. The hope is that I will only change out the cooking pot depending on the trip and the girls will only be carrying their sleeping gear and extra cloths and I will be the pack mule for everything else.

1 comment: