Saturday, November 27, 2010

What is your favorite backpacking snack??? Jellybeans!


Everyone has their goto snack on the trail. I normally have a snack pack made up for everyday I am on the trail. That way I don't over eat one day and it also keeps me from contaminating my food supply. I like to have beef jerky, a couple of fireball jawbreakers, two pieces of peppermint gum and Starburst Jellybeans in my snack pouch. The Jellybeans are my goto snack on the trail and give you that extra burst of energy when you really need to get over that next ridge. They hold up well to the heat of the day and make your mouth water. All good things when you are on the trail. I save my Munch Bars for after lunch or dinner for desert. This combination of trail snacks keeps you focused on the trail and not on your stomach. So that is my goto snack; what is yours?

1 comment: